ORGANISATION/COMPANYTallinn University of Technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/12/2018 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tallinn
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/04/2019
The objective of the professorship is to lead and carry out the study, scientific and development processes in the field of Maritime Transport. To develop innovative and complex solutions in ports and shipping companies, taking into account the individual parts of the field, but also the main features of maritime transport as a whole. Achieve wide visibility among Estonian and corresponding leading organisations at international level in order to enhance capabilities for acquiring high-level scientific projects that ensure sustainability and competitiveness with ecosystem friendly and effective solutions in the field of Maritime Transport.
The position may be filled as tenured or as a tenure track position, depending on the candidate’s merits and career stage.
- Development of cooperation in the field of Maritime Transport in Estonia and at international level;
- Initiating and leading scientific and development projects in cooperation with international consortiums in the field of maritime transport, including topics like ports and inland ports, integration of shipping companies in supply chain management; maritime logistics and cargo handling, Hub ports, risk management in ports and port areas, innovation and digitalisation in ports, terminal planning, etc.;
- Involvement in the educational process, including the development of curricula in the field of maritime transport;
- Mentoring of students (applied higher education, MSc, PhD), involving them in research activities and supervising of theses/dissertations.
- Finding competent experts to carry out study, scientific and development work, ensuring continuity of academic personnel;
- Contributing in updating of in-house training, so that the present workforce is trained according to the developments in the field;
- Self-improvement, i.e. developing the knowledge and skills necessary for research and education;
- Participating in the work of the internal and external decision-making bodies and commissions of the Tallinn University of Technology.
Estonian Maritime Academy of Tallinn University of Technology offers:
- Gross salary to a successful candidate starting from 37,000 € a year;
- Access to relevant infrastructure;
- Flexible work schedule.
The following application documents are required (in English):
- an application;
- documents proving that the candidate holds the required academic degree (PhD or an equivalent qualification) and has acquired the required education;
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications;
- an academic portfolio;
- a vision or an action plan for the following period of employment (the maximum total length 1500 words);
- other documents considered to be important by the applicant.
Documents should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTÜ as an employer offers
settling-in program and academic mentoring;
modern ergonomic working conditions and a flexible schedule;
one of the most compact university campuses in Europe;
campus services (including accommodation);
individual development and training opportunities;
material and non-material tokens of acknowledgement;
all-staff activities and a balanced work and family life.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELOther: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- PhD in the field of maritime transport or logistics and practical experience of at least 3 years;
- Proven ability to apply for and obtain funding from national as well as international sources;
- Previous experience of independent scientific work (post-doc level) on international level in the field of maritime transport, ports or logistics;
- Publication record that proves ability for high quality independent research;
- Experience in teaching and supervising at all levels (BSc, MSc, PhD).
EURAXESS offer ID: 316913
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.